What Is Included in the Fuji Paths Tour?
- ALL accommodation. (12 nights)
- The support of your Tour Leader for the entirety of the Fuji Paths tour.
- ALL local and city to city transportation while with the guide following the itinerary. (Any non-guided side-excursions at personal expense)
- Suica card - An electronic travel card for your convenience (saves messing around with tickets)
- Meet & greet at the airport in Tokyo (either Narita or Haneda) on arrival and transfer (guided) to the tour hotel in Tokyo up to 1 week before the starting date of the tour.
- Airport transfer at the end of the tour (non-guided)
- Baggage forwarding for one bag / case per person, two times (from Tokyo to Matsumoto and from Matsumoto to Takayama) allowing you to travel light and easy. If additional baggage forwarding is required, this can easily be arranged
- Authentic Tea Ceremony at a tea house in Kyoto
- Sumida River Cruise in Tokyo
- Kachi Kachi Ropeway (cable car) in Kawaguchiko
- Breakfast every morning.
- Group meal on Day 1 (Alcoholic drinks included!)
- Dinner on Days 3 and 4 (Kaiseki Ryori at Kawaguchiko)
- Dinner on Day 6 & 7 (Teishoku at Magome).
- Fuji Tour Information Pack.
- 100% payment protection through the TTA.
What’s Not Included?
- Meals, except for the ones mentioned above.
- Any coin lockers that you may use
- Travel Insurance. You must take out travel insurance before travelling to Japan, we suggest this is done soon after a booking has been made.
- Flights to and from Japan!
After a booking request has been made through the “Make a Booking” section of this website, your booking will be processed. We’ll email you back to confirm it along with your invoice and payment details, we accept payments by card or bank transfer. The deposit of GBP 300 / USD 400 per person is requested within 7 days to confirm your booking. The balance is due by 12 weeks prior to the tour departure date. All payment made to us are protected by the TTA (Travel Trust Association). Our membership number is U6165.
The itineraries in our tours are flexible, and do vary occasionally, sometimes due to weather or on-going events such as festivals which guests may want to see. In addition if there is something else you’d like to do or see on your trip please mention this to your tour leader and we’ll try our best to ensure you can do it.
Age / Requirements / Fitness
The Fuji Paths Tour is suitable for ages of around 12 and upwards, and is ideal for families, couples, and singles alike. All ages are welcome and the eldest guest we've had on one of our Small Group Tours, to date, is 87 — she was one of the fittest members in the group!
Our only hard and fast requirements are English speaking ability (all tours are conducted in English) and a zest for life! While Olympic levels of fitness are not necessary, on average we cover around 3 to 5 kilometres a day and some of the tourist sites we visit have steps, as do some of the stations.
Having said all that, walking is done at an easy pace, with plenty of stops for ice cream and to absorb the sights. In the unlikely event that an excursion is going to be too taxing or if you have another preference, you are welcome to break away from the group at any time. No part of the itinerary is compulsory; we like to keep things as fun and flexible as possible!
As with all our Small Group Tours we use the extremely efficient, clean, safe and reliable public transportation network. - It's the most efficient way to get around, and by far it's the best way to experience the country and its people. This is not a tour bus holiday with fixed tourist trap set lunches and carpet sales in the afternoon!
We do at times forward your main cases ahead from one hotel to another (one case per person) allowing you to travel light and easy keeping things as fun as possible. If you bring too much luggage with you, or buy too many souvenirs during the tour and require additional use of the service, this can easily be arranged.
The minimum number of passengers on the Fuji Paths Tour is two as we believe it’s unfair to cancel tours when larger numbers are not met.
Because we keep the group size to a maximum of 8, unfortunately we have to charge a single supplement of £ 400 if travelling alone. For this you'll be ensured to have a room to yourself for the entirety of the tour, except for when staying at the ryokan (traditional inns), here we may ask you to share a room with another member of the group of the same sex. If you have any questions about this, please drop us a line.
Fuji Tour Reviews
"For a number of years my wife and I have had Japan on our 'bucket list'. We researched Japan and came to the conclusion that an organised tour would be the best way to go especially given our mature ages. My wife and I have travelled to over 40 countries and we have never ever embarked on organised tours for various reasons with the primary ones being large groups and military organisation. We relented on the basis that we seek a company specialising in small groups with a certain informality. Well we 'struck gold' when we came across Dragonfly Tours which suited us totally. Russ and his team could not do enough for us. They acted promptly, professionally and efficiently from the time we enquired and booked to the end of our tour. We both thoroughly enjoyed ourselves with the other 6 people on tour and would not hesitate one iota in recommending prospective visitors to Japan to utilise Dragonfly Tours. You won't regret it!"
Bruce Strang, Australia. Tour taken: Fuji Paths Tour